Feb 29, 2020
- Download and install the latest version of the OpenVPN client from OpenVPN Community Downloads.
- You will need to scroll down to locate the download links for your operating system.
- Do not use the "Get OPENVPN" link at the top right as this will take you to the wrong product.
- Make sure to allow the TAP drivers to install when you receive the pop-up later on during the installation.
- Download the OpenVPN server configuration files here: https://privado.io/apps/ovpn_configs.zip
- Open the location you saved the ovpn_config.zip file, then extract the files for later use.
- Run the OpenVPN GUI as Administrator by right-clicking the OpenVPN GUI shortcut and clicking 'Run as administrator'.
- Right-click the OpenVPN status icon on the bottom right of your taskbar to open the OpenVPN GUI menu.
- Select 'Import file...' and navigate to and open the .ovpn file of your choice that you extracted earlier. You will see a popup that says 'File imported successfully.', just click 'OK'.
- Once again, right-click the OpenVPN status icon and choose connect.
- If you have multiple servers imported, you will connect to a server by hovering over the server and clicking the connect option that appears in the new menu.
- Enter your Privado username and password when prompted and click OK.
- You can check the "Save Password" box to remember your password for future connections.
- You should now be connected to the VPN.
- You can view that you are connected by right-clicking the OpenVPN GUI status icon in the bottom right of your taskbar and seeing that there is a check mark next to the server you connected to.
- If you run into any issues, please contact our support team through our support center.
Note: The OpenVPN files correspond with airport codes to shorten file names. More info can be found here.